Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Four Paragraphs

                                                                     Persusasive             
               
There are so many reasons why the people of the world should respect the environment. If we do not take care of it the ecosystem will quickly deteriorate. Without it we would have nothing to eat because the animals would nothing to eat. Hence, starving out the world. Is that the world we want to leave behind for our children and eventually our grandchildren? Well, in my opinion, I’d rather not.Also, if we are not careful, our pollution will completely deplete the ozone layer. If that was to happen. It would be so very easy to acquire skin cancer. Because the uv rays would have no filter to go through. Some people may not be convinced by what I’ve told you. But isn’t it better to be safe than sorry?
                                                          Expository

While at the UACCB Career Day I was pleasantly informed of the wonderous jobs out there. Thumping like drum, my heart raced at the possibilities. My first stop was at the physical therapy informational class. The teacher was very kind and answered our questions. Though most of the students did not really understand exactly what that field exactly does. I found it very fun but a little boring since she couldn’t exactly tell us everything. Because she was a last minute fill-in. She did very well though.
Wandering around aimlessly, I next went to the Arkansas Police class. At first, the teacher rather intimidated me. But as we got comfortable, he turned out to be a teddy bear. We watched a informational video but I had to leave during it to find my lost purse. Oopsies!!! Though I found it later because a UACCB helper had been kind enough to find it for me.
Although I lost my purse, I had an excellent time. It was kind of them to put the event together for us. The food was more than exemplary for was magnificent!

                                                       Descriptive

Antonia is an archetype of Mother Nature
Much like Mother Nature Antonia is very motherly. As Jim once said, she treated him more like a child than an equal. But also with her sister, Yulka, she watched her and never forgot to send nice things to her while she was working in town.
Also she can get very angry. Much like a volcano, many things could set her off, hurting others around her. Such as when Jim said Antonia’s mother wanted other people’s things. She also said hurtful things back.
As Mother Nature lets the cloud’s rain, Antonia is quite emotional. Though she has been hardened by the life she’s led, little things could make her cry. For example, when she and Jim went to the river. He noticed that she was crying.
There are so many reasons why Antonia reminds me of Mother Nature but they are most alike in their wildness and beauty.


                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment