Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Book Review: Flirting with Disaster

Rhonda Stapleton's Flirting with Disaster warmed me. Even the title tells you that it's going to be a book about romantical mishaps. So you can tell it's either going to make you laugh, cry, or possibly both. But who knows, sometimes mishaps of love can help it flourish.

As soon as I picked up the book I wanted to read it. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart so everytime I see a comedic teen romance novel, I fall in love with it. Every one on Earth needs love, right?

The setting was very modern, possibly set in 2008. The main part of the setting is the school, which the main character attends and where all the drama starts. The main character, Felicity, goes to this school with her best friends, Andy and Maya, and her hearthrob, Derek.

The theme is distinguished in the first few chapters of the book. It was that even though you think your crush thinks nothing of you, you could be dead wrong. So never give up on someone with a fair chance.

The plot is also very easy to discover. Felicity goes to her school with her two best friends. But she learns that her job as a cupid is not easy at all when she matches one of her best friends with a new guy. Sending their friendship into turmoil. Felicity trys to mend their friendship as she secretly drools from afar at Derek.

I would recommend this book to almost all ages, except to ten years and below. Felicity is an average teen, except for the job as cupid part, that I think most, if not all girls, can relate to. Though I do not suggest it to
the male gender. They would probably hate the whole thing. But who knows.

Pages: 227

No comments:

Post a Comment