Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Book Review: Inkheart

Cornelia Funkes's Inkheart made me tremble with anticipation. The title is not very insightful of what the story is about until you read the whole thing. But if you think hard enough, a heart as black as ink. It could be a horror story for all you know.

At the beginning, I just sat the book down. I had looked it from front cover, back cover, and briefly leafed through. But I found nothing that interested. Finally, I forced myself to read it since it was a long read and would help my grade. I've now found the best book I have ever picked up in my life.

The setting was most likely somewhere in the late 1900's. It's difficult to figure out where the events are taking place but I would like to say somewhere in Europe, such as Italy or England. The events mostly take place in the country side, where the villains of the story lurk.

At first, the theme was difficult to find, like chasing someone around in a maze. But it showed me how evil some of our most beloved villains can be if they came into our on world. The characters made me a little scared at night.

The plot was more than invigorating. Meggie, the main character, lives with her father, Mo, in a comfortable little house. Mo is a bookbinder that is very good at his craft. Meggie is fifteen and when a mysterious stranger, Dustfinger, arrives to see her father, her world begins to cave in on it's self.

This book is so incredible that I would suggest it to anybody that can read. Meggie is an innocent girl with a love for reading. You'll love her the more you read. This book will make you sob, it'll make you giggle, and it will leave your mind invigorated.

Pages: 530

No comments:

Post a Comment